Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tales of a Kindred Diva... Online Dating for the Homeless

Tonight I was talking about online dating with one of my favorite Divas. We both confessed that we had tried our hand at online dating. My friend then went on to reveal one of the most terrifying online dating stories I have ever heard. Her first online date was homeless. Yeah, you might want to read that sentence one more time because I really did say that her date was homeless.

So this homeless guy meets my friend at her place for their first date. ( Big Mistake: Don’t ever give your address to someone you meet online. Meet them in public and make sure at least one person knows where you are meeting.) Now that I’m off of my soap box, back to the story... So this guy comes over to my friends place for their first dating. Oh I’m sure he seemed nice and charming online but she quickly realized that this guy wasn’t exactly Mr. Right. I have no idea how the confession finally came out but at some point in the evening he told her he was homeless. Not only was he homeless but he had been homeless for the past 10 years. WOW! For a 30 year old man, 10 years is a long time to be homeless.

Don’t judge! The homeless need love too!! Hey, if this homeless guy is enterprising enough to go to the library, signup for an online dating site, find a girl and convince her to meet him I would say he is well on his way out of the gutter and on to his new girlfriends couch.

Yikes! Talk about dating drama.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like she needed a lemon law card. if you've never seen that episode of 'how i met your mother' here's a link http://www.how-i-met-your-mother.nl/barneys-blog/barneys-blog-seizoen-1/a-new-barn-volution-in-dating-efficiency/

    I can't find the printable cards, with all the rules on the back but they were hilarious.

    ReplyDelete