Monday, April 13, 2009

So, does this mean I have to stop blogging?

"It sounds like a cliche, but your Mr. Right can't fall in love with you if you're sitting at home alone in your pjs and fuzzy slippers cuddling up to a pint of Ben & Jerry's. The story of Rapunzel is called a fairy tale for a reason. It's completely unrealistic. Your man isn't going to fight dragons, swim through shark-infested waters and climb through thorny bushes to bust you out of your living room. While you may always be a princess to your mom and dad, you can't expect any guy to think of you that way when other women are so much easier to reach. The first step to finding your perfect counterpart is to get out of the house. Embrace quantity - success may boil down to math, not magic. Old sayings stand the test of time because they are true. You can't get a hit if you're not swinging, you can't get a bite if you don't have your hook in the water and you can't get wet if you don't get in the water. Even thought I don't know you personally, one thing I'm sure of is that "the one" isn't going to come knocking on your door or materialize on your couch. Love isn't the pizza man; it doesn't deliver."
(Dr. Phil McGraw, Love Smart, pg 162).

So, does this mean that in order to find my true love I have to stop spending time thinking about blog posts? Dr. Phil says that finding love isn't about magic it's about math. I always hated math! You know, I think I would have paid more attention in high school if I knew slacking off in algebra would doom me to a life of dating drama. Bah!

Dr. Phil has truly inspired me! I think that it is high time someone franchised a love connection pizza delivery business. We will hire young, single, and extremely good looking pizza drivers. You can get a pizza and a two minute speed date. Don't worry no creepy 45 year old pizza drivers who live in their mom's basement and lack personal hygiene will not be allowed. What do you think? Who's up for pizza this Friday?

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA! I LOVE THIS! Your posts are so entertaining. I showed a few posts to a friend last night and we had a great laugh!

    Love the part about paying more attention in algebra, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete