Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why are dating self-help books always hot pink?

Don’t give me that look! You know you read them too. I know that you secretly yearn to buy that hot pink bible of dating commandments! Alright, fine, I will help you avoid the humiliation of handing the cute guy at Barnes & Noble such a shameful book. I am willing to sacrifice myself... I will buy, read, and review these books. Society has branded dating bibles with a leprous stigma. I plan to breakdown that stigma one review at a time. If there is a book you have been dying to read let me know and I will check it out before you have to humiliate yourself in front of the Barnes & Noble hottie.

My first review will be Mars and Venus on a Date, by Dr. John Gray. Don't blow a gasket I will post the review very soon.

5 comments:

  1. As far as I'm concerned the only dating book, is He's Just Not That Into You. Yes, it's pink and it's my dating bible. No shame when I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book! I love the line, "Don't waste the pretty."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Carla. And I also love the line, "Don't waste the pretty"

    I'm excited to hear the dating bible feedback.

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bought and read my fair share of dating bibles. I am very eager to hear what books you review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, so true!!!! Just last week I had to submit to the humiliation to buying a dating self help book that was embarassingly hot pink and purple. C'mon, people! Weren't the authors of these books single once? Didn't they get ashamed when they had to take hot pink books to the counter in their once single days? I just don't get it! But for what it's worth, try out "Dating Game Secrets for Marrying a Good Man." Pretty good, despite the cover.

    ReplyDelete