Thursday, May 14, 2009

First kisses and near misses

This week I have been reflecting on the grand event that is a first kiss. I don’t know about you, but my first kiss was very awkward. I was fourteen and I had finally managed to date the heartthrob of my childhood. In my mind Ben and I were perfect for each other. One day he was over at my house watching the classic Pauly Shore movie, Bio-Dome. Talk about romance. Ben and I were cuddling on the couch when all of the sudden he reached around so I was trapped between him and the couch. I guess he was tired of waiting for the right moment. As I was completely trapped I had no option but to let him smooch me. I was a little gun shy about the whole kissing business. After the kiss was over my only thought was - GROSS! I did not have a magical Hollywood inspired first kiss. Needless to say Ben and I were not perfect for each other and our little romance lasted about as long as Pauly Shore’s popularity.

What about you, my fellow Divas? It’s time to dish the dirt on your first kiss.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so mine was in 9th grade.. I was with my second boyfriend (my first boyfriend and I never kissed hahahah) and we were at his aunt's house watching X-men. He had already kissed a girl before and apparently was ready to kiss me. I remember watching the movie and all of a sudden being attacked by teeth and what I think were lips. It felt WIERD. I still think a first kiss with somebody just feels kinda WIERD till you get used to their mouth hahahaha. Anyway, I was resting on my elbows and so my elbows were like getting carpet burn hahahaha it was just awful hahahhaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. I'm going to share. I was 15 and I was at a party a friend was hosting. There was a big group of us in the bonus room and slowly everyone disappeared but this guy and I. He and I were friends and there definitely was chemistry. He was experienced and I really wasn't. It was a great kiss. I was a little shocked by his tongue. I really wasn't expecting him to french kiss me...but other than that it was a great first kiss. And we didn't date after that so there is no bad break up story to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris and I had our first kiss after "Dumb and Dumber"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete